Big Brothers Big Sisters is the most well-respected and well-recognized name in youth mentoring. You can see it in all the Littles out there that have become something bigger.
A national research study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that children matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
- More than 1,500 children served
- Average community-based match length is nearly three years
- Bigs donated 48,790 hours in 2015-2016
- 83% of Littles increased or maintained high educational expectations
- 80% of Littles had improved attitudes toward risky behaviors
- 74% of Littles reported increased or maintained feelings of social acceptance
- 73% of Littles with a “C” or lower average improved their grades
Statistics are for Fiscal Year ending 6/30/16. See our Annual Report for more information.
Recognition & Accountability
- BBBS of Central Carolinas received Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance Best Practice Large Agency Award for last four years.
- BBBS of Central Carolinas received Charity Navigator’s highest rating.
- BBBS of America is consistently in The American Institute of Philanthropy’s list of Top-Rated Charities.
- BBBS of America is one of less than 2,000 charities to received the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence.
- BBBS of America belongs to the Children’s Charities of America (CCA) fundraising consortium. CCA is a nonprofit federation that pre-screens and certifies high-quality national charities working to protect and assist children in the U.S. and around the world.