Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas Unveils New Brand Positioning Aimed at emphasizing the potential inherent in all children
Charlotte-area chapter launches SUCCESS program to prepare students for college and careers
May is National Mental Health Month
Underage drinking is a serious issue in our country, and even the best of kids can succumb to peer pressure…
Food helps us grow, maintain vital life processes in our bodies, and gives us energy to power through our day.
Learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships.
Whatever your goals are for 2018, be sure to include at least one safety related goal.
Diversity makes life interesting and it challenges us to see life from another’s perspective,
Help your Little or child understand what it means to be a responsible technology user and the possible consequences of misuse.
Gain the tools and information necessary to master this tricky conversation with your Little or child
BBBS is raffling one rappel spot for the October 14 Over the Edge Event
By adulthood most of us have experienced bullying in one form or another. It is a huge problem in today’s society.
September is National Childhood Obesity Month. Learn more about how physical activity can improve your health.
As the new school year quickly approaches, we have some tips and tricks to help Littles achieve academic success.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is the most well-respected and well-recognized name in youth mentoring. You can see it in all the Littles out there that have become something bigger.
A national research study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that children matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
Recognition & Accountability
- BBBS of Central Carolinas received Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance Best Practice Large Agency Award for last four years.
- BBBS of Central Carolinas received Charity Navigator’s highest rating.
- BBBS of America is consistently in The American Institute of Philanthropy’s list of Top-Rated Charities.
- BBBS of America is one of less than 2,000 charities to received the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence.
- BBBS of America belongs to the Children’s Charities of America (CCA) fundraising consortium. CCA is a nonprofit federation that pre-screens and certifies high-quality national charities working to protect and assist children in the U.S. and around the world.